Follow your dream – have the time of your life – become a yoga teacher! This unique 200-hour YogaAlliance Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training is all about love, fun, and sharing our passion for yoga. Reconnect to your true self surrounded by untouched nature, discover the joy of life and become part of a community of like-minded people who want to change the word! You will come back with a new outlook on life and the vast possibilities that lie ahead of you 🙂
- English (questions can be asked also in German)
- Nosara Retreat, Playa Pelada, Costa Rica
- Find below some pictures – please be patient, might take some time to load 🙂
Dates & times
- Saturday, August 10, 2019, 4pm – Wednesday, September 04, 2019, 11am
Do you ask yourself questions like: “I’m not sure what my path in life is?”, “I love yoga but am I good enough to be a yoga teacher?”, “How can I live a life that is more meaningful to me and others?”. Then this is the right training for you! This is all about helping you to discover your own unique potential and how to use it to share your love for Yoga.Supported by a loving community, you will feel physically, mentally and spiritually transformed with a new perspective on how you can make a difference in your life. Let your light shine!
The teacher training will be accepted by the YogaAlliance and you will be eligible to register with YogaAlliance. YogaAlliance is the internationally most widely recognized registration organization for yoga teachers and accepted by yoga studios globally. The program will cover:
- Teaching practice (like asana, pranayama, meditation, and other traditional yoga techniques).
- Teaching methodology (Includes principles of demonstration, observation, assisting and correcting, instruction, teaching styles, qualities of a teacher, the student’s process of learning and business aspects of teaching yoga).
- Structuring of yoga classes for different skills levels (includes sequencing of asanas, setting a topic for the class, combining teaching of philosophy and asana, creating a supportive class environment).
- Anatomy, adjustments and assists: understand how the human body works, learn modifications and adjustments for different body types and students with existing injuries; keeping students safe, avoiding injuries and maximising the benefits of yoga postures.
- Yoga philosophy, lifestyle and ethics for yoga teachers (includes the study of yoga philosophies, yoga lifestyle and ethics for yoga teachers; how to apply yoga philosophy to your daily life; theming of yoga classes based on the teaching of yoga philosophy).
- Practice hours (includes practice teaching, receiving feedback, observing others teaching and hearing and giving feedback. Also includes assisting students while someone else is teaching).
- Chanting mantras.
- Deepening your own yoga practice: daily yoga practice with detailed analysis of your own physiology and movement patterns and specific suggestions how to make yoga postures maximally beneficial for your own unique body.
- Tamazcal “Meditation with the 4 Elements” (up to 3x during program) with Francisco Gabriel Palomo Barrantes
- Lots of fun and immersing yourself in pure nature: all of this will happen while we are embedded in untouched nature, giving body, mind and spirit the space to explore, play, enjoy each others’ company and support each other on a life-long journey that starts from there 🙂
Unique features of this program – pre-course online learning and Skype sessions
- World-wide unique: once you are fully registered in the program, you will receive access to our online learning system that contains invaluable resources – books, videos, quizzes, and much more – to start studying and fully immerse yourself into yoga
- In addition, you will receive a newsletter every month upon registration with reading assignments, videos, tips & tricks for your own practice and more.
- To top it off: there will be a monthly Skype session where you can dial in and get to know the other participants, ask any questions about the learning materials and just to get to know each other. You do not have to participate, just in case you want 🙂 Sessions will be scheduled so that you can participate from anywhere you are in the world.
- New: direct flights from Zurich, Switzerland, to Costa Rica with Edelweiss: click here
- Find the cheapest flights on kayak.ch
From Liberia International Airport
- For all shuttle services (Retreats or Individuals), you must make advanced reservations. Please email us to make your reservation.
- Arrivals: Shuttles depart from Liberia International Airport (LIR) for Nosara Retreat between 12 p.m and 2 p.m. daily. If you are arriving at a different time than the scheduled shuttle departure times, Individual Transportation can be arranged for you or an additional Retreat Shuttle may be possible with 3 people minimum and based upon availability.
- Departures: Shuttles depart from Nosara Retreat at 8 a.m. daily. Plan to arrive at the airport at least two hours prior to your scheduled departure time. If you would like to leave at another time, reservations can be made for an additional cost.
- It is a scenic 2-½ hour drive from Liberia to Nosara. The cost is between $50-$60 per person each way and is based upon transportation type and your pick up time. Payment is due in cash (either US Dollars or Colones) upon arrival and prior to departure from Nosara Retreat. We will let you know the cost of your transportation when your reservation is confirmed.
From San Jose International Airport
- Nosara Retreat does not run regular shuttles from/to San Jose. You have the option to either hire your own taxi for the 5-hour trip from the San Jose airport to Nosara Retreat for approximately $240 or Nosara Retreat can make these arrangements for you.
- You love yoga!
- Regular yoga practice
- aprox. 15
- Full package: CHF 4’400; includes teacher training fee (CHF 2’400), 21 nights accommodation (CHF 1’000), and 3 deluxe meals per day (CHF 1’000), prepared by professional chefs with love and the best organic ingredients available in Costa Rica. This is right for you if you want maximum relaxation and love great food. Everything included. Nothing to worry about.
- Training Bed & Breakfast: CHF 3’400. includes teacher training fee (CHF 2’400), 21 nights accommodation (CHF 1’000) and a basic breakfast (tea or coffee, toast with butter and jam, small amount of fresh fruit). You take care of your own lunch and dinner, either by cooking yourself (each room has its own kitchen area fully equipped with oven, fridge, etc.) or by eating at a nearby restaurant (calculate USD 20 for each meal).
- Training only: CHF 2’400. You take care of your own accommodation and food. This is right for you if you live in or near Nosara, or if you want to team up with a group of people and rent a small apartment near the retreat center.
Application & Cancellation
- Pay the application deposit CHF 800 (approx. USD 800) online (see below). This will be counted towards the total price of the package you choose. In case you are not accepted into the program, we will refund the application fee minus a processing fee of CHF 50 (approx. USD 50).
- Cancellation at least 6 months before start of training: 100 % reimbursed; at least 5 months before start of training: 75 % reimbursed; at least 4 months before start of training: 50 % reimbursed; at least 3 months before start of training: 25 % fees reimbursed; cancellation 3 months or less before start of training: 0% of fees reimbursed.
- A recent photo of you alone (full body shot) and a short summary of your motivation to apply for this training.
- Download, print, complete and sign the application form that also specifies the cancellation terms. Scan the form or take a picture of it with your iPhone, send all of it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click here to download the application form.