Headstand Workshop with Martin
- Sunday, March 29, 2020
- 14:00 – 16:00
This workshop is right for you no matter if you are new to the pose or if you are already able to do the headstand but you want to refine your technique and understanding of the pose. You will be introduced to variations and preparation exercises for that are appropriate and safe for your level of yoga practice. The headstand is – together with handstand and forearm stand – one of the most potent poses in yoga. The reason for this are the numerous positive effects on body and mind that come with regular practice of this pose.
Martin Becker (E-RYT 500, YACEP, RYS 200, RYS 300) is a senior yoga teacher from Basel, Switzerland. Since 2011, he has taught more than 8’000 yoga classes and owns his own yoga studio. He teaches yoga retreats, 200-hour, 300-hour and yin yoga teacher trainings internationally. Martin holds degrees in Psychology (MSc) as well as in Business Administration (BA). His passion is to share the benefits of yoga for body, mind and soul with as many people as possible in a fun way where everbody feels welcome.
In this workshop you will learn:
- The technique to come into the pose step by step so you can do the pose without any risks
- Correct hand, head, and arm position according to different styles of yoga
- Coming into the pose at the wall and the key success factors to do the pose away from the wall
- Transitions into and out of the pose from/into other poses
- Anatomy and physiology: what are the effects and benefits of this pose
- How often and for how long should you practice the pose to benefit from it?
- Yoga philosophy: why should you do the pose at all and how is this related to the philosophy of yoga?
- Just your yoga clothes
- A towel in case you tend to sweat easily
- Everything else is there and included in the price (mats etc.)
- English (main) & German
- All levels welcome from beginner to advanced
- Modifications and preparation exercises will be offered for all level – not matter if you are totally new to handstand or already quite advanced, you will get tips & tricks for your practice 🙂
- approx. 12
- Please note: in case of cancellation, you will receive a voucher to participate in the workshop at a different date – the workshops are held on a regular basis. No cash refunds.